Monday, November 7, 2011

Solutions for a picky baby boy?

My son, Xander, is about to be 6 months old. I know most babies are usually on stage one baby food by now. This is my second child not my first, so I know when I'm supposed to start introducing rice cereal and baby food and all that. We had some feeding issues with him, so the doctor had us delay introducing certain things until now. My problem however, is that now I am ok to start him on baby foods, and he won't eat off the spoon. He will eat the food from my finger or something like that but it doesn't matter what brand or how soft the baby spoon is, my son just does not like the spoon. He pushes it out with his tongue, and he is pretty strong, we can't keep it in his mouth even if we wanted to. We have tried all the different baby brands, we tried turning the spoon over in his mouth so the side he is pushing on is the side with all the food to see if he would taste it and decide not to push it out. Doesn't matter what we do, my son does not like spoons in his mouth. He was already very picky with his bottles and pacifiers, we had to either have the soothie or the nuk brands, he wouldn't take anything else. Anyone know of any ideas to get him to take the spoon? I REALLY don't want to have to feed him from my finger all the time, that would take forever, get to messy, and just be a real pain in the bazooka. It's so annoying! If anyone has ever had this problem with their baby, I'd love to know what solutions you came up with! Thanks so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment